St. Clare’s will be initiating an Education for Ministry (EfM) program starting in September 2015.
Openings are still available. If you are interested, or just have questions about our program, please e-mail the co-mentors:
Ken Alexander: email@example.com
Lamar Barber: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We would like to have all application forms and payments in hand by August 17 so that we can forward them to the Diocese. Application forms can be downloaded here.
- Ken and Lamar will be attending the required EfM Mentor Training in Atlanta on August 21, 22, and 23.
- The date of our first meeting is still TBD, but a possible date and time is 5:30 on Monday September 14.
- It appears that early Monday evenings are (at least initially) going to be our best bet for a day and time when everyone can attend.
- We realize that this is not everyone’s “optimal” day and time, and we deeply appreciate everyone working within the constraints required to make it possible for everyone in the group to attend regularly.
- Clearly, as we progress through our 9-month EfM year, we will need to make adjustments to the day and time of our meetings. Mondays are sometimes holidays, and we will probably never have a meeting on a holiday. These kinds of decisions will be decided by the group as a whole as we go forward.
What Is EfM?
EfM is a key educational ministry for lay leaders in the Episcopal church. A good overview of EfM can be found in this Wikipedia article.